Thursday, April 17

A Pirates Life For Me!


I think Pirates have to be one of our favorite subjects in our house. I love the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, my 6 year old has a pirate bedroom complete with a pirate map I painted on his wall and my youngest even has the nickname of "Pirate Pete". Jennie hosts a great swap I love to participate in where each month has a different theme. The cards that come back are so amazing. I am inspired by them to push myself to think outside of my comfort zone. This month the theme was Kid's or Masculine Birthday cards. These pirates just screamed out to me. What little boy or grown one for that matter doesn't love Pirates. I don't know about you but for me I lean more towards cards that have no sentiment on them. I like the freedom to be able to use the card for anything that might strike my fancy. How about you?
For this card: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Very Vanilla paper, brads and ink all from Stampin' Up!; Stamp from Michael's; Copics for color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! So darn cute! I like blank cards too, it gives you more flexibility!

Rhonda said...

Cool card!! My son would absolutely love this!!! He loves POTC too, he's only 8 but he saw the first one while on vacation with his grandparents and one of my husband's cousins put it on for the little boys!! I know I shelter my kids, but I think if it says PG-13, there's a reason!!! He's still excited he got to see it though!

Love the simplicity of the layout, the perfect colors and great job coloring the main images.

I usually put sentiments on all my cards, but love the idea of keeping them blank so you can stamp what you need in a hurry!!

Sounds like a wonderful swap to be a part of!!

Congrats on your new blog too!!

Sorry for the novel!! :D